Grilled Chicken Zucchini Alfredo
I love Alfredo sauce! Fettuccine Alfredo was my absolute favorite dish growing up. Then when I got a little older I learned how much fat and how many calories were in Fettuccine Alfredo and so I never ate it again. At that time I had no idea that it was the pasta that was the enemy, not the sauce! So, I ditched the Alfredo sauce and went on for years eating “lighter” sauces on my big heaping pile of pasta noodles! Well, I am back in the Alfredo business! This recipe is wonderful and a much healthier alternative to the days when I would drench a bunch of unhealthy noodles in a perfectly healthy cream sauce!I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 Garlic Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1-2 Bags Frozen Zucchini Noodles
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil (olive oils works well too)
2. Saute the chicken breast until cooked through. I like to add Italian seasoning to the chicken.
3. When done, remove the chicken and set aside.
4. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat
5. Crush the garlic and add to the butter. Saute until fragrant. About 30 seconds
6. Whisk in the heavy cream
7. Let simmer on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes.
8. Whisk in the parmesan cheese a little at a time on medium heat. Keep whisking until it is smooth and not lumpy.
9. Add salt. 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
10. Cook zucchini noodles according to instructions on the bag.
11. Place the noodles on a plate, drizzle the sauce across the noodles and place chicken on top.
Eat Well, Kate